How to Upload Website on cPanel in Simple Steps?
What Does cPanel Mean?
Things To Do With a cPanel Account!
- Connect your domain name with the hosting service provider.
- Create a new email id for your website.
- Install third-party content management software, e.g., WordPress, Magento using a quick installation service
- Take back up of your website frequently to avoid data loss.
- Upload files directly from your computer to the server.
- Check the essential stats such as bandwidth consumption, storage utilized, visitor count, number of created databases, etc.
- Altering the security settings
- Creation of new databases while tactfully managing old ones
- Create a database or manage an existing database on the server.
- Edit/delete the file from the folder.
Login to cPanel
If you are interested to know what is shared hosting , don’t miss this post!
All About cPanel Interface
- Navigation Bar
- Search Bar
If you are interested to know the best wordpress security plugins 2021 , this article can help you!
How to Upload Website on cPanel?
1- Search for the Site Directory in Old cPanel
- Go to the old cPanel login and click on the ‘File Manager’ option in ‘Files.’ It will show uploaded files and directories. Double click on the guide and keep scrolling till you get the folder of your website.
- Click on your website folder.
- Again, double-click it to browse the site files. Download everything needed for your website.
2- Compress and Download All Files
- Press the ‘select all’ displayed in the tab above.
- Select all files and right-click to choose the ‘compress’ option.
- Click on “compress files” and select “zip” to compress all website files into a single zip file.
- Once the file is compressed, the zip file will be available for download. Right-click on the file and hit download. It will open the popup box. Select the folder where you want to download the file and click save.
3- Create a New Website Folder
4- Upload and Extract the Zipped Files
- Double-click the folder and move inside.
- Click the ‘upload’ option to transfer all the files with cPanel.
- A new window displaying the ‘select’ tab is visible.
- Click it and then choose the compressed zip file in the next step.
- Upload the site in your cPanel.
- Wait for the green progress bar to complete.
- Extract the compressed file in cPanel, and the list of files would appear.
If you are wondering what is tomcat , we recommend you to read this article!