What Is the Difference Between Web Hosting vs Website Builder?
There are multiple tools to help you get a website to go online. To use many of these tools, you need to have some technical knowledge. This involves experience in coding languages such as HTML, CSS, and others. A lot of people want to create a website but do not have the skills. For them, the best choice is to use a website builder. A website builder is ideal for those without a deep understanding of how the technology works. When you are able to upload a video to Facebook or add images to Instagram, you will have the basic knowledge you need to use a website builder.
Difference Between Web Hosting vs Website Builder
Here are some of the key differences between website hosting vs website builder to be mindful of:
- Web hosting enables a person or organization to rent a space on a server that will hold all the information and data on their website. This space can take several different forms and is often chosen explicitly based on a person or a company’s needs and budgetary requirements.
- A website builder can not host more than one website or function as a server for something other than the website that you are creating. It is not built as a hosting platform for hosting, it is both a locker for storage and a building ground for your website. Note, “website builder hosting” is a bit deceptive, the website builder software, is the thing hosted not the website you create via a website builder.
- Web hosting is leased space or digital real estate, it’s not a website-building facility. When you purchased the hosting and intend to use it to create your website, you are basically putting the cart before the horse. Consider it this way: To host it, you need a website. Many hosting packages can include tools for creating a website, but it is an optional feature and not a normal web hosting function.
- A website builder allows the user to actually create the website they will be hosting on a server. Website builders have pre-coded and templated “website sections” that you can bring together to create your own website and customize it.
- The biggest difference between site builder and web hosting at its heart is that web hosting is a piece of ground, while the website builder is what enables the development to occur upon that ground.
If you are willing to know the difference between cloud hosting and web hosting , this article can guide you!
In order to help you have a better understanding of both of these concepts, we are going to cover each of them in detail.
What is Web Hosting?
Before we go through mentioning the difference between web hosting vs website builder, we have to give you a definition of each tool. Web hosting is what allows you to place your domain on the internet. A web host is an organization that offers a server and the other technology that other people need to access their website on the Internet. Your website is stored on a device specially built, called a server. If you do research on the subject, you’ll see a variety of hosting options are available.
If you want to know the difference between cloud hosting vs shared hosting , check this article out!
If you aim to know the best cheap website builder , check this article out!
The Web hosting service provider you are using is responsible for maintaining the server where your data is stored. They maintain the hardware used to connect your website to the Internet. The type of hosting you select will decide how much control you have over server configuration, how much storage space you have at your site, and how easily anyone can connect to your website. While allowing others to visit your content, web hosting services often keep your site running smoothly and make your site open to others. A successful web hosting service will guarantee an uptime of 99.9 percent, which ensures that your website will be available for the vast majority of the year.
Suggest you read our article about wordpress hosting vs web hosting
Types of Web Hosting
If you want to know about the pros and cons of shared hosting , click on the link provided!
If you are willing to know the advantages and disadvantages of dedicated web hosting , this article can help you!
Website Builder Hosting
Whether you are a big business or a small business, you want a fast and easy way to build a practical, beautiful website. Website Builder is for that. However, if you are a business or organization that needs to handle high customer traffic and protect its details, you would prefer to invest in a more advanced hosting solution (like a dedicated server).
If you want to learn how to add bbpress forum to page , check this article out!
What Is a Website Builder?
A website builder is an all-in-one tool that executes the fast creation of your website with so much ease. A website builder will also use drag-and-drop editors to create beautiful pages without having to learn how to actually code.
If you want to know about the best adsense plugin for wordpress , check this article out!
- You want to launch a website quickly
- You do not have the technical expertise required to design a website from scratch and you do not have the time or the intention to learn
- You are not interested in learning content management systems like WordPress
- The thought of creating a website for the first time sounds overwhelming
- You would rather let someone else do site updates
- Your website has a small budget
For detailed information on wix website builder reviews , don’t miss this post!
What to Expect from a Website Builder?
1- Different Templates
If you aim to know how much does domain transfer cost , click on the link provided!
If you want to know how to select domain name , click on the link provided!
3- Mobile Version
It is no secret that people are just as likely to visit your website on their mobile devices as they are on computers. Mobile version is not just essential for websites nowadays, it’s a must. If the website creator you are considering is not formatted for phones, then run fast. You can’t risk losing customers because your website is not fully loaded into their mobile devices.
If you are willing to figure out the difference between web server vs application server , check this article out!
4- User Interface & Technical Assistance
Website builders are built to be user-friendly, making it easy to develop a site for even the most computer-illiterate people. To this end, a reliable and dedicated professional customer service team will back up any website builder. If something happens to break in the website, or if other parts do not fit together, then a good company will provide customer service to troubleshoot the issue.
For detailed information on what is vds , please read the source of our article.
5- Analytics and SEO
If you are interested to know ecommerce seo tools , don’t miss this post!
Why is Web Hosting Confused with Website Builder?
Now that you are aware of what is the difference between website builder and hosting, you understand that web hosting and website builders are two entirely different items. Then why are they confused with each other sometimes?
If you want to know why ssl is important , check this article out!
Now you understand the difference between website builder vs web hosting, you know that the whole point is combining both tools From here, how should we get started? First and foremost, you need a domain name. Your domain name will be your website name which, ideally, will fit with your brand or business. From there you can select the sort of hosting package and the website builder you desire.