How To Improve the WooCommerce Security ( WooCommerce Security Checklist)
An online business does involve a lot of hard work. You will have to add the products, conduct the marketing activities and strategies, and fix the bugs. This will worry the site’s security as online theft is on the rise. Securing eCommerce with multiple opportunities is the topmost priority. This involves logging and entering personal details at large. WooCommerce holds a share of 42% of the market.
As there is an increase in the market share, the bigger and greater chances of getting it hacked are witnessed; woocommerce security issues should be considered. It is essential to harden the security measures where WooCommerce secured features come to the role play.
Is WooCommerce Secure?
If you want to know the difference between cloud hosting and shared hosting , check this article out!
How Do I Make WooCommerce Secure?
One of the first questions that come to mind when owning an online store is that how to improve the security of WooCommerce store? There are some different ways that you can utilize to make your online store more secure. These ways are categorized into three different sections based on their priority. At first, we go with the essential things you can do.
1- Choosing a Reliable Host
- Attack prevention and monitoring
- Proactive reviews and patches of security threats like plug-in
- Update the server using PHP or the latest versions.
- Isolate and prevent the chances of the virus spreading in your system
If you are wondering how to update php version in wordpress , don’t miss this post!
Protect wp-config.php File
Prevent Editing of Certain Files
Configure Files Permission
If you are willing to know what is iis web server , this post can help you!
Prevent viewing the content records
2) Use High-Quality Plugins
3) Create Strongest Passwords as a Primary Set
If you are interested to know wix pros and cons , this post can help you!
4) Set Limit To the Brute Force Login Attempts
If you are searching for what differentiates blogs from websites , don’t miss this post!
5- Get One Additional Site Security
- It takes real-time backups & restores automatically
- It is used for daily security scanning to get track of any suspicious code
- Protects from unwanted reviews and spam content
6) Quickly Learn the Safety of Your Site and Create Backups
If you want to know how to set up woocommerce , this post can help you!
7) Secure WooCommerce Site Login Page
Block Intrusion Attempts
Use Email to LoginSince usernames are usually common and easier to guess, the Email Login Auto extension forces you to connect with a user email address which can only be used by one user. It is much safer to use an email address rather than a username, even though users are asked to enter their username to login by default. Configure the basic settings and the store becomes operational in your store as soon as it is installed!
8) Rename Login Page
9) Protect wp-admin Directory
10) Secure WooCommerce Database
Change the Prefix of Tables
11) Install SSL Certificates
For complete info about what does an ssl certificate do , check this post out!